5 Amazing Homemade Healthy Drinks That Makes You Live Longer
When we talk about healthy drinks, water immediately comes to your mind, but there are also many other drinks that you should add to your diet. Of course, water is always the best option for your thirst, but there are also some other drinks that may be good for your health.
In this article, we will present you some amazing healthy drinks that will strengthen your immune system and improve your overall health. These drinks may reduce the risk of many diseases and make you feel great. Some of these drinks should be limited and consumed in moderation, whereas others can be consumed in unlimited amounts. Just continue reading this article, and you will find out which beverages are good to be a part of your diet.
- Green Tea. Green tea is a great source of flavonoids and polyphenols which protect our cells from free radicals. That free radical may damage our cells and cause different diseases such as cancer. Also, green tea can inhibit tumor growth and reduce the risk of many heart diseases. Due to its antioxidant properties, green tea can relax our blood vessels and prevent the formation of blood clots. This way green tea protects our cardiovascular health, too. Green tea is also rich in fluoride, which improves our teeth health. Flavonoids in green tea reduce the risk of osteoporosis and improve our overall health.
- Orange Juice. It is known that orange juice reduces the risk of cancer and congenital disabilities. Orange juice is a great source of vitamin C, so it can boost our immune system and protect against different diseases. Due to its high vitamin C content, orange juice can reduce the risk of cancer and other diseases. Also, it is rich in folate, so it prevents neural tube and other congenital disabilities.
- 1% Reduced-Fat Milk. This type of milk is a great option for you because it has a lot of health benefits. It is rich in protein and carbohydrates, and it contains little fat, which is great for your overall health. Milk will make you full for a longer period. Milk also regulates blood sugar, and it is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D. It is proved that regular consumption of 1% reduced-fat milk can help in weight loss.
- Turmeric Milk. If you haven’t tried the combination of turmeric and milk yet, it is time to do that. It is very easy to prepare turmeric milk. You just need to take 1-inch turmeric piece and boil it for 15 minutes in milk. After that, strain out the turmeric and refrigerate the milk. Turmeric milk is best to drink cold. This combination has amazing health benefits, and it can prevent many diseases. Turmeric milk is known for its natural antibiotic properties. Also, turmeric milk is high in antioxidants, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in healthy fats, manganese, and iron. Turmeric milk can prevent many respiratory diseases. It has antimicrobial properties, and it fights against bacterial and viral infections. Turmeric milk used for treating wounds, cuts, bruises and insect bites.
- Hot Chocolate. You probably didn’t know that hot chocolate also has a lot of health benefits. It can increase the production of serotonin, a hormone that is responsible for a good mood and happiness. Also, cocoa is contained in hot chocolate is rich in polyphenols, and it can protect cells against oxidative damage. Also, this healthy drink can lower the level of bad cholesterol. But, you should have in mind that this drink is rich in calories, so it is best to consume it in moderation.